Live Through This, my second published novel, came out exactly a week ago today!
It's been an exciting and happy time--especially hearing from so many people who read and were moved by it. I've received lots of encouraging and complimentary notes from friends, family, acquaintances, and strangers. I try to use my writing to empower lives and broaden perspectives, and it's wonderful to know that Coley's story is accomplishing that.
But I will also admit that having this book out has been very overwhelming. There were a few days last week where I did little except lie around in bed and read books. I just didn't have it in me to do anything else. Not very glamorous, interesting, or healthy, I know, but it is what it is and I want to be honest about that. The release of Freefall two years ago had a similar, but less extreme effect on me. I'm already snapping out of it, which feels like a much better place to be, obviously.
I did get a chance to see Live Through This on the shelves at Barnes and Noble a few days before actual release date, which made me cry a little. I wasn't expecting that, since this isn't my first book. Maybe that's what it will always be like, though? Writing, revising, and waiting for publication is SUCH A LONG PROCESS, so seeing the real book on the shelves of a real bookstore makes it finally really, real?
Reminder! My Seattle launch party is happening on October 13th, which is this coming Saturday! I hope to see you there. Here's the info about it, if you need it. And if you can't attend, but would like order signed copies of my books to be shipped to you, you should do that, like, right away!
Here's some promotion stuff for Live Through This that's popped up in the past couple of weeks. I hope you'll check some of it out. I worked hard on these and they're interesting, if you're into that sort of thing. ;-)
- I read aloud from my old diary all the details of my first kiss at age 15 for Truth or Dare at the Thirteeners.
- Over at Girls in the Stacks, I wrote about the bizarre twist that helped make my book trailer become a real thing.
- Cover Story at Melissa Walker's blog. Commentary from my editor, Liesa (used with permission) about how and why this particular cover art was selected for my book as well as my interpretation of the image that's depicted.
- Editor Guest blog at Hobbitsies: Liesa shared what it was like for her to work with me on this book.
- Music Guest Post at Greads: I talked about some of songs that are mentioned in LTT and why they were chosen.
A cute excerpt from Chapter 5 of LTT was posted at I Like These Books, along with my commentary about what's happening in the scene.
- Amber Benson and Sarah Kuhn wrote a tandem review of Live Through This.
- Also, I added more links on my website to some of my favorite reviews for LTT. If you have a review you'd like to share with me, please email me at mindirochelle AT gmail DOT com or tweet to me: @mindi_scott
- Ming (a close friend of LTT's narrator, Coley) is over at the Elliott Review.
- Reece (Coley's "adorkable love interest") answered questions for Kari at A Good Addiction.
Blogs that have posted recent interviews with me