I regularly see posts online where a blogger will say, "I'm so sorry I haven't been posting lately!"
Then they go on to explain their absence and/or resolve to post more frequently.
When I come across those posts, I always think, It's really okay! You don't have to explain yourself. If you want to blog more, just do it. If you can't, don't.
Now that my own blogging has been less frequent in the past few months, I understand why so many people feel the need to apologize or make promises. I'm not going to do that, though! Instead, here's a picture I just took of myself with my new slightly-red hair color. I'm not wearing makeup and the photos is taken at a strange angle. I do my best, you know?
Also, here's a list of things I could have written about recently, but didn't for whatever reason:
1. Everything I love about "Longview" by Green Day, and the one thing I don't love.
2. Grieving, death, and moving on.
3. Ongoing debates regarding publishing/YA writing/book blogging that have gone way beyond driving me up the wall.
4. Dwayne's ongoing Porsche Discussion.
5. Every minute detail of my day-to-day frustrations and triumphs in drafting LIVE THROUGH THIS.
6. The dream I had in which I was a teenager with a boyfriend who became very, very confused when an adult male author kissed me.
7. Reading and the joy it doesn't bring me sometimes.
8. The book I keep obsessing over and saying that I want to buy, but that I continue to not buy because I don't feel that I have time to read it.
9. The Norman Rockwell art exhibit that I saw at the Tacoma Art Museum.
10. The 9-year-old restaurant gift certificate that we finally used yesterday.
11. My new dress that might or might not make my hips look big.
12. Why I'm hooked on Justified.
Ta-ta for now!