And okay, I lied. Today is actually not Rex Manning Day. It is a big deal for me, though. For today is Freefall's official "On Sale Day!"
A book that I wrote is now resting on many, many bookstore shelves (and in boxes in bookstore back rooms, no doubt) all across the United States. It's kind of, you know, the biggest accomplishment of my life.
This is a picture of me taken on Friday, October 1st, seeing Freefall at a bookstore for the very first time:
I look like I cried off all my makeup, but really, I wasn't even wearing makeup to start with. If I had been, it totally would have been the situation, though. Promise.
In a few hours, my escort (aka my husband) will travel with me to complete a Signing the Book Stock "tour" around Seattle. I still need to select a pen for this purpose! And decide what to wear! You would think I'd be ready, wouldn't you? I've had 17 months to prepare! (Or 33 years plus 2 days, if you truly want to get technical.)
Oh, and here's a huge pile of links in case you want to see where I've been online lately! I really should have been keeping up and posting these daily. Sorry! I hope you'll want to check some of them out anyway!
- The Magic 8... at my own blog (LOLz)
- Mindi Scott Interview with Allie Larkin, author of STAY
- Teen Author Tuesday with Denise Jaden, author of LOSING FAITH
- Sensational 7 Q&A at FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW
- Debut Author Interview with Cinette at Musings of a Writer in Progress
- Mindi Scott Interview with Steven at Steven's Cybrary
- Contest! Win a signed copy of Freefall at The Hiding Spot
- Self-Deprecating Sunday (aka an unattractive photo of me at age 13!) at Sparks and Butterflies
- Monday Madness at FANTASTIC BOOK REVIEW
- Critique of the Freefall book trailer by YA Book Shelf
- Hot Topic Tuesday: Binge Drinking at the Contemps
- Trailer Tuesday at Sarah's Random Musings
Reviews of Freefall: