I've been tagged by courtneywrites. I never get tagged! But now I have been! The rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I recently - within the last three weeks, in fact - developed a bizarrely intense crush on Hayden Christensen. For days I was thinking about him constantly, reading about him online, and looking at pictures of him. But then I watched LIFE AS A HOUSE and the crush went away. Mostly. (I'm still waiting for the arrival of SHATTERED GLASS, which I ordered online.)
2. I don't like fingernail upkeep. So, I cut my nails short, let them grow, and then when one of them breaks, I cut them all again.
3. Even though my mom became a vegetarian when I was seven years old, I still ate meat occasionally. When I was sixteen, I decided to try giving up chicken and turkey (the only meats I was still eating at that point) for my New Year's Resolution. My plan was to eat one or the other every day from Christmas to New Year's Eve. But on the 28th of December, I had some bad chicken McNuggets and ended up giving up meat right then. I have never had it since.
4. One of my favorite books is MERMAIDS by Patty Dann.
5. I always had kind of a thing for the character Jordan Catalano on MY SO-CALLED LIFE. (You know, because he's so pretty!) In February, I went to see 30 Seconds to Mars in concert because Jared Leto - the actor who played Jordan - is in the band. At one point, JL jumped off the stage and ran out to where I was standing. The spotlight was shining on him and he looked RIGHT AT ME while he sang! It was so surreal, but so very cool.
6. Whenever we get aerosol whipped cream, I constantly make trips to the refrigerator to shoot some into my mouth. My husband (jokingly) accuses me of huffing, but I've never huffed in my life. I just really like whipped cream!
7. My husband and I bought our first home when I was 24 and he was 26. We still live here five and a half years later. I still don't really like this house.
8. When I was fourteen going on fifteen, neither my boyfriend nor I had ever been kissed. We really wanted to kiss each other, but we were too shy. One day, we decided we had to kiss. We stood in the rain for about twenty minutes, just staring at each other. Even though we were completely soaked and shivering, we couldn't do it. Then his mom drove up, so we hid in the bushes. And that's when he kissed me. It was half my life ago, but my heart still beats faster whenever I remember.
And now for the tagging. And, please, if you don't want to play along, don't worry about it. I won't be offended. :-)